COBRA is a federal law that allows you and your eligible family members to extend your health care coverage for up to 18 months. Coverage may be extended for longer than 18 months depending on your specific situation.
What to Know About COBRA
- Alight administers COBRA for CSL.
- Under COBRA, you can continue coverage for medical, dental, vision, the Health Care Flexible Spending Account and the Employee Assistance Program.
- If you’re eligible for COBRA, you’ll receive a letter at your address listed in Benefits In-Site. This letter is typically mailed within two weeks of your coverage termination.
- You pay 100% of the premium, plus a 2% administrative fee.
- You must enroll in COBRA coverage through Alight within 60 days of receiving your election notice or the date you lose coverage, whichever is later.
Health Insurance Exchanges
Health insurance exchanges, otherwise known as the health insurance marketplace, provide a place to shop for affordable health insurance that meets the requirements of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Find out more about the exchanges.