Imagine having access to quality medical care whenever and wherever you need it. Now stop imagining — because, as a Teladoc member, that’s your reality.
24/7 Access to Health Care
If you enroll in a CSL UMR or Meritain medical plan, you have convenient access to health care via web, phone and mobile app in just minutes. Note: If you’re enrolled in a Kaiser medical plan, you’ll rely on the Kaiser website and Kaiser’s nurse line and member services for support.
You can schedule visits with licensed doctors and nurses who can prescribe treatment and medications for a wide range of non-emergency conditions, such as:
- Sore throats, colds and flu
- Digestive issues
- Bronchitis and laryngitis
- Skin rashes, including poison ivy/oak
- Sprains and strains
- Dermatology issues such as acne, eczema and rashes
Take your online care a step further with Teladoc’s Primary360. Start by selecting a board-certified primary care doctor and meeting with them by phone or video. You’ll see the same doctor every time you need care, so you can develop a personal relationship with them, and they can help you stay up to date on your screenings and tests. You also have access to a dedicated Care Team — at no cost to you — that can help you check your vitals, coordinate lab and imaging orders, assist with referrals to specialists, and answer questions.
Teladoc Behavioral Health Visits
You can schedule behavioral health care appointments via phone or video chat using Teladoc. Members age 13 and older can speak to a licensed psychiatrist, psychologist, licensed clinical social worker, counselor or therapist to manage everything from stress and depression to addiction and family difficulties. For children ages 13–17, a parent or guardian needs to schedule the appointments and be present for the first appointment.
How Much Does a Teladoc Visit Cost?
Medical and behavioral health visits with Teladoc are covered under the CSL medical plans with the following copayments:
- Basic and Premium Plans: $10 copay
- HDHP with HSA: You pay 20% after the deductible; cost varies by appointment type
Teladoc Expert Medical Services
By contacting Expert Medical Services, you can have your medical diagnoses and treatment plans reviewed by carefully selected expert physicians. All Teladoc Expert Medical Services are provided by phone or online, so there’s no need for additional travel.
Teladoc Expert Medical Services are confidential and provided at no cost for employees covered under a CSL medical plan.
Here’s what you get with Teladoc Expert Medical Services:
- In-depth expert medical review. The Teladoc experts will collect your medical records, tests and samples and have them reviewed by a world-renowned expert physician who specializes in your condition. The expert will ensure your diagnosis is accurate and you have the best treatment options.
- Critical Care Support™. Call on the Teladoc experts for guidance if you experience a medical event that requires emergency treatment, intensive care or an extended hospital stay. The Teladoc experts immediately involve a specialist in your case and work with your local medical team to get you the best care.
- Medical Records eSummary™. The Teladoc experts can collect and organize your medical records for you and provide them on an easy-to-access USB drive. You’ll also receive a personal Health Alert Summary based on the records collected, giving you a total snapshot of your medical wellbeing.
- Ask the Expert™. When you have a question about a medical condition, treatment option or symptom, the Teladoc experts will take the time to listen, and an expert physician will provide a personalized response. No needless worrying, wondering or wandering the web for answers.
- Find a Doctor. The Teladoc experts draw on more than 50,000 of the world’s top physicians, including 40,000 in the U.S. If you need to visit a specialist, they’ll search to see if any of their doctors meet your criteria and practice within a distance that works for you.
- Expert Medical Services Treatment Decision Support. The Treatment Decision Support (TDS) service is designed to help educate patients on their treatment options to achieve better health outcomes and avoid unnecessary, more costly inpatient surgical procedures, when appropriate.