When changes come your way, your benefits may need to change as well. Whenever you experience a qualified life event, you can quickly and easily update your benefits through Benefits In-Site. Just make sure you submit your changes within 31 days of the event.
Qualified Life Events
Qualified life events are major events in your life that allow you to make changes to benefit elections outside of the Annual Enrollment period. They include, among other things, changes in:
- Marital status (e.g., marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment) or residence outside of coverage limits
- Domestic partner relationship (commitment, separation)
- Number of dependents (e.g., birth, legal adoption, death, a dependent who no longer meets the plan’s eligibility requirements)
- Dependent care provider under a dependent care FSA
- Employment status (e.g., termination, change from full- to part-time) or that of your spouse or dependents
- Entitlement to Medicare or Medicaid
- Obligations as required by a state domestic relations order
- COBRA eligibility, or that of your spouse or dependents
How to Make Changes
If you experience a qualified life event, you can make changes to your benefit elections by going to Benefits In-Site within 31 days of the event.